Friday, March 25, 2011

Warms the soul.......

So I heard my First Gobble this morning..  On my drive in to work, feasting on a bowl of Oatmeal, I see them.  My Flock that hangs out on the side of Highway 444...  MOST of them are down in the lower end of the field, Strutters everywhere.... I slam on brakes, start digging for my Polaroid, and roll down the window... along with being slammed with the 19 degree chill, I am bombarded with the sweet sound of Gobblin Thunder.  The ole boys are excited!  We got 8" of Fresh Snow on Wednesday... so these thunder chickens are having to work a little harder for some grub, but the ole boys are in the mood for love...  there were 2 more walking down the edge of the woods coming to join the party and about 6 more up on top of the hill.  I think I'll have to pay a visit to this farmer for sure.... Hope he would like a new Pellet gun as a gift!

 

Only 5 weeks to NY OPENER.. only 3 til I'm in Texas....

 

BW

 


______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
______________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment