Monday, March 21, 2011

Osceola Report from Ninja Hart

Fellas, had a blast down in Florida. Thank you William Sullivan and thank you Osceola turkey gods! After an awesome morning and some close encounters that afternoon, William and I had an Osceola party come to us. We called in about 20 birds to come to our keg party in the pasture. The ratio of girls to guys was just about right.

I had a longbeard big boy walk to the decoys to my left at 20 yards and this ol' bird was strutting and gobbling to my right. We had a dirty sounding hen in front of us at 20 yards that gave out some dirty talk and this ol' boy like it so much he gave us a couple loud gobbles. I told William I was going to shoot the bird in the decoys when after he raised his fan for the decoys. William said "the bird on the left is in range and so is the bird to your right but he is bigger". I didn't want to shoot left handed (as I've missed three doing so) but I took my time and let the 11-87 bark at 7:34 pm.

22lbs (fat boy) l0.5" thick beard, super black wings and the longest spur was 1 9/16"

First time I tagged out in FL, first bird I shot a bird with an 11-87 and first bird I killed left handed. William's 11-87 dropped him at 46 yards. Osceola #9 in the books and it was a damn memorable one.

HART

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
______________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment