Thursday, April 8, 2010

As I wait beside a S. TX Oak

The guide just drove off and I heard that blessed sound that signifies the day is starting - the majestic Gobble. He is not as close as I hoped but its still dark.
Today is my first outing. NY still has 3 weeks til opening day.
As I was driving in, I was thinking of a few reasons why we like the Gobbler:
Nocturnal- no chance they fed all night under a full moon
Driven by Testosterone- no explanation needed. We are too.
Can't smell our breakfast, lack of shower or anything else.
They often announce their arrival.
You can learn to Speak their Language and have an intelligent conversation with them (sometimes).
Women cause them to make bad decisions...........

Ok. Its starting to get light. Time to get serious. Why do you like to ninjy them uggly headed bearded clowns?

Time to ninjy.

No comments:

Post a Comment